Championing Design for me is seeing every project as an opportunity to change the world. It is using Design Thinking to improve the way we live.
My main focus is on User-Centred Research. With a background on visual Design, I also have an eye for detail. I am skilled in typography, layouts, visual languages, editorial design, photography, and illustration. I am highly adaptable and enthusiastic. I pick up new toolkits and frameworks quickly. I consider myself a perpetual learner. I enjoy working on multi-disciplinary teams, and also perform well independently. I am seeking to do great work, together.
MA Design Management , Distinction
University of Southampton 2012 – 2013
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative research to evaluate and improve the student experience of international postgraduate students.
- Elected as Course Representative: listened, understood and solved students needs from a different cultural background.
- Awarded with three different scholarships to fully fund my postgraduate studies.
- Organised and managed a team of 46 international postgraduate students to exhibit our annual work on the MA Show.
BA Information Design, 1st class Hons, Magna Cum Laude award
Universidad De Las Americas Puebla, UDLAP Mexico 2003-2009
- Conducted a design audit on the Design Language used for the “Human Genome Project, Chapter Mexico”.
- Joined a multi-disciplinary team, directed by the National Institute of Genomic Medicine: INMEGEN, the Mexican Government and National Health Institutions.
- Developed deep understanding of visual design, semiotics, branding, typography, photography, and illustration.
Training and certificates
Code Yourself, an Introduction to Programming
Coursera, University of Edinburgh & Universidad ORT Uruguay, 5 weeks. September, 2015
- Acquired principles of visual programming language, created simple games and animations using the Scratch software.
Design Thinking for Business Innovation
Coursera, University of Virginia, 4 weeks. March, 2015
- Gained deeper understanding of design-led companies and Design Thinking practices.
Managing People: Engaging Your Workforce
Futurelearn, Henley Business School, University of Reading, 10 weeks. March, 2015
- Focused on organisational behaviour, leadership and management.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Mexico and England 2013-2015
- First-time entrepreneur, mentoring individuals to open their own businesses.
- Championing design and the benefits of applying design methodologies into business.
- Working knowledge in communicating research findings among teams, clients and end users.
Part-time teacher, Digital Photography
Universidad De Las Americas Puebla, UDLAP, Mexico 2014
- Responsible of planning, generating and delivering daily presentations, workshops, and labs.
- Committed to gain and share up-to-date knowledge. Enhanced student’s development skills, including: critical thinking, problem solving, presentation skills, team building and leadership.
Information Designer and Associate
Design Studio German Montalvo, Mexico 2008 – 2009
- Communicated and managed a multi-disciplinary team of artists, artisans, photographers and publishing staff from the National Auditorium of Music. I generated prototypes of art books and products for five different projects.
- Experienced working directly with clients and managing suppliers.
- Generated visual elements to communicate and connect with users.
Adobe Creative Suite
InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
Word, Power Point, and Microsoft Project
GUEST WRITER 2015
Design Thinking, an introduction.
ITTaU, IT as a Utility Network +
Questions, suggestions, or comments?
You are more than welcome to write me to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer, you may also use the form below to leave your message. Either way I would love to hear from you!